Canterbury Golf Club

The Opening of the Course

 

The official opening of the course took place in July 1927 with a match between the Club and the Buffs Golfing Society, commemorated with a splendid photo of both teams which still hangs in the Clubhouse. A Ladies section was formed in August of the same year.  Ickham Court Golf Club had been formed in 1911 but ceased to exist in 1927 when Canterbury Golf Course opened for play.  The members of Ickham Court had transferred membership to Canterbury and an interesting match took place in November between the former members of Ickham Court and other golfers within the new Club.





Created by intelligentgolf version 8.0.6
CONGU® is Copyright Council of National Golf Unions.