Canterbury Golf Club has a friendly and relaxed atmosphere but requires a standard of dress, both on the course and in the clubhouse, which is appropriate to a private members' golf club. Members and visitors are expected to comply with the Dress Code at all times.
• Shirts (long or short sleeve) with collars, polo or turtle neck .
• Unless designed to be outside the trousers, all shirts must be tucked in.
• Ladies can wear sleeveless shirts with collars or collarless shirts with sleeves.
• Tailored long or short trousers and plus-twos or plus-fours
• Tailored shorts can be worn with long or sports or ankle socks
• Ladies can wear tailored cropped trousers
• Spikes or soft studs
• Smart casual dress, including clean, smart blue denim trousers.
• Golf clothing may be worn provided that it is dry and clean.
• No hats or visors should be worn in the clubhouse
• Shoes, sandals and trainers.
• No shorts after 7pm.
• Smart casual, unless jacket and tie specified.
• Although casual dress is permitted in the clubhouse, it is important that the term “casual” is not abused and that the club’s standards are met.
• All members have the responsibility to see the rules are adhered to.
• Football, rugby or hockey type shirts and shorts.
• Singlets, vests and T-shirts
• Tracksuits, leisure or shell suits.
• Cargo/combat style trousers.
• Beach wear or flip flops.