The main objectives of Canterbury Golf Club’s Junior Pathway Into Golf are to:
- Inspire and engage participation of the next golfing generation
- Create an environment and structure in which juniors can access, develop and enjoy golf in a safe environment
- Foster and develop relationships within the community to encourage juniors to try golf
- Develop a coaching structure appropriate across all ages and/or standards
- Further develop the coaching of elite juniors
- Create well-defined pathways from junior golf into Junior Club Membership
- Encourage junior members to progress into adult club membership
- Communicate with appropriate bodies and/or organisations to support the development of junior golf within the club and to maintain regular contact with them
- Encourage members and local businesses to assist the development of junior golf by way of support and sponsorship
For participants on the Junior Pathway Into Golf, lessons are one hour long and are led by a PGA qualified professional.
The Junior Pathway has been designed for youngsters as young as five up to 18 years old and initially comprises three levels. They are Bronze, for beginners, Silver for the introduction to the golf course and Gold, for club-level junior golfers.
To view details of the
schemes, please click on the relevant link.
For all enquiries, please phone the club office on 01227 453532.