In 1928 a full calendar of competitions was established for both men and ladies. The Spring Meeting offered the Browning Cup for competition, given by George Browning whose firm had built the thatched clubhouse. In June, the first A.G.M. announced that the final cost was £7,500, including the course building costs of £3,424 and the Clubhouse costs of £2,470. The membership exceeded 300, and Colonel Milo Talbot of Bifrons was to be the first President. Douglas Grant an excellent American amateur golfer was elected the first Captain.
In 1928 the second A.G.M. saw Mr C.C. Williamson elected President and Mr Carol Powers Captain. The accounts showed an excess of expenditure over income of £301.14s.7d, largely due to a rates charge of £175. Publicity was sought and Mr Robert Browning, a well-known golf writer, reported that “the terrain, without being hilly, is broken up by a great number of natural features of which the architect has made excellent use. A great belt of woodland divides the course into two, an upper and lower portion and some of the holes on the upper portion are not only of remarkable beauty, but provide us with the most interesting and even thrilling test of golf.”