Advertising extolling the attractions of the course appeared in railway stations in East Kent in 1931. In 1932 the Pilgrims’ Cup, donated by Mr W.K. Whigham, was competed for in an Open Competition for the first time. It was won by Dr A.Y. Milne after an 18 hole play-off! Canterbury’s first Pro Fred Bradbeer left in 1932 to go to Basingstoke Golf Club and three years later to Hindhead. From there Fred went in 1939 to Burnham and Berrow, and remained there for the next thirty years.
In April 1933, the Kent County Playing Fields’ Association Cup was won by Mrs R. Uniacke. The proceeds went to the Association, a charity founded in 1928 to raise funds to provide playing fields and sports facilities.